Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 2 (Saturday 1st June) A happy day with family - a sad day for friends.

Saturday 1st June - first day of winter - a day we will not forget.  I normally check emails regularly but with Bishop Ise-somo here we had a reunion with family members at our home and it wasn't until late in the evening I opened my email to find that our good friend and next door neighbour in Zaire back in the late eighties, Dr Brett Newell, had died.  He and Raya were dear friends of Bishop Ise-somo and Ise is Erin's Godfather.  Ise was to have visited Brett this coming week.  Their family is stunned and we share their grief as we share the hope that he had in Jesus.  He is now with his Lord.  Our deepest condolences and prayers are with Raya, Erin, Jarrad, Mason and their extended families.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. This is Steve Flaherty, from Lake Cathie in NSW, Australia. Until recently, Dr. Newell was my GP, and I found out only yesterday of his passing when I went to visit my current doctor.

    My thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete